Dluxe's World

Tuesday, October 17

Just another manic WWWednesday...

Well, another WWWednesday is upon us... Do you want to discuss whether or not your were predestined to arrive here, or whether it was your choice to visit?

I didn't think so... On to the fun!

1) First thing is first. If you haven't listened to the audio from this year's Desiring God Conference, you need to. Now. Do not pass go or read on until you have... Might I suggest you start here, then go here, followed by this, add a little dash of this, let this cool then enjoy, and wash it down with this.

2) I don't want to make too much light of someone else's tragedy, but you have to feel that someone is trying to tell Kathleen Caronna something. First, she's almost taken out an oversized Cat-in-the-Hat... Now, her apartment was destroyed by Cory Lidle's ill-fated flight. I think it's time to move to a mountaintop in remotest Tibet.

3) Whenever you see a news story sourced from my Fatherland of Delaware, you can be assured the absurd is not far behind. Consider the story of Lucille Green of Magnolia, DE. When you receive a fruitcake this holiday season, pause and reflect on the persecution that someone endured to get it to you.

4) Ok, my geeky readers... Ain't this just cool?
With one side always hot as lava and the other chilled possibly below freezing, Upsilon Andromeda b is a giant gas planet that orbits extremely close to Upsilon Andromeda, a star 40 light-years from our solar system in the constellation Andromeda.

"If you were moving across the planet from the night side to the day side, the temperature jump would be equivalent to leaping into a volcano," said study leader Brad Hansen of the University of California, Los Angeles.

5) If you aren't reading Thabiti Anyabwile's blog, Pure Church, you really should. This recent post, like many others, is just awesome. For those not in the know, Thabiti formerly was on staff at Capitol Hill Baptist church (pastored by Mark Dever) but left to head up a church in Grand Cayman. If you want to learn more about Thabiti, check out his 'biographical' sermon entitled "From Mecca to Calvary".

6) What's a WWWednesday post without a 'Speaking of...' crack? Ok! Speaking of Thabiti, he also posted the 'White and Nerdy' video by Weird Al a little while ago. That reminded me that Deef pointed me to this hilarious video shortly after I offered my Weird Al linkage. I'd urge you to check out "Your Horoscope" and enjoy a good laugh.

7) Many people have found this site due to the cruel trickery of search engines.
  • Despite what I said in my post, Google is certain that Calvin is my homeboy.
  • I bet the people looking for info on Emil and/or Ergun Caner didn't stick around too long.
  • I'm an expert at making the Ark of Covenant levitate. I wonder if that cool of a trick makes up for my lack of literary skillz...?
  • Not many people are out on the net looking for strategies for cheating bridge and the ACBL. But, I'm glad to know that those who are will end up here.
8) Next to last, I wanted to apologize to those of you who monitor this blog via RSS. I recently ported this blog over to Blogger's new beta program. My main reason for the move was to take advantage of the new post labelling feature. In my borderline-OC zeal, I went back into past posts and applied some labels. This resulted in almost every post I've ever made being republished out on the site feed.

Er, sorry about that. I hope you'll forgive and return.

9) On a related note, if you're a lurker who regularly checks this blog I'd love to hear from you. In the last couple months, there have been a handful of people visiting regularly from around the country (and even someone in South Africa). Since I know 99.9% of my readers personally, I'm interested to know who else is out there and why you came back [for more torture]...

Have a great week everyone! :-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Your WWWednesday posts are so fun. Too bad I never have the time to click on all the links, what with the children climbing on me and whatnot.

    Love ya, Babe!

    By Blogger Someone, at 12:24 PM, October 18, 2006  

  • if you're a lurker who regularly checks this blog I'd love to hear from you.

    Define regularly.

    I popped over here originally from a link you left at "Christian Thought" (how I got there is convoluted) and have been checking in following the (Pre)Destined for debate series.

    Good blog and an interesting read.

    By Blogger Taliesin, at 8:17 PM, October 19, 2006  

  • Define regularly.

    What does regularly mean to you? After all, it may mean different things to both of us... And that's ok.

    WHOA. Sorry... Went all Po-Mo there for a second.

    Thanks for stopping in and commenting, Taliesin. Glad something here was enjoyable/helpful.

    By Blogger HeavyDluxe, at 9:14 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home