Dluxe's World

Wednesday, December 13

C.I.WWWednesdAy

Happy WWWednesday, peeps!

1) Everyone's heard a joke, or 500, about 'government intelligence'. Well, according to this article there may be more truth in that humor than ever before. To quote:
Rep. Silvestre Reyes of Texas, who incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tapped to head the Intelligence Committee when the Democrats take over in January, failed a quiz of basic questions about al Qaeda and Hezbollah, two of the key terrorist organizations the intelligence community has focused on since the September 11, 2001 attacks.
...
In an interview with CNN, Stein said he was "amazed" by Reyes' lack of what he considers basic information about two of the major terrorists organizations.

It's nice to see that the Democrats have gotten right to work bringing change to Washington. And it even looks like they've even learned a thing or two from Bush's ign... er, I mean 'leadership'.

2) Consider this a PSA for the week: Don't mess with centuri0n's wife. She, or her avatar, can swat you like a fly.

3) Also on the PSA-esque front: Running across college campuses dressed like a ninja can be dangerous. Be careful of ATF agents and Samurai!

4) Oh Gizmo! is giving away a chance for free gear in exchange for shilling for their site. Consider me, officially, their biggest fan ever. There is not enough time before the heat-death of the universe for me to adequately extol the virtues of Oh Gizmo!, any wholly-owned subsidiary companies, and their strategic business partners. [Note to any other vendors who surf here: I will shill for gear!]

5) Here's irony... According to this story, the son of Warner Music CEO Edgar Bronfman has stolen a little music online. His dad, ever patient, has appropriately scolded his son. I guess I'm wondering if a good old fashioned grounding would be sufficient punishment for any of the 400-or-so kids currently being sued by the RIAA? I think Mr. Bronfman has modelled something good!

6) Watch this video... Especially wait for the bass player. Wait patiently, it's worth it. Though his name is lost to history, his legend will live on!

7) Now this is a novel idea for a business... If you're going to miss the Rapture, might as well turn a coin doing it. Check out the Post-Rapture Post. Of course, something tells me that (given my own take on dispensational eschatology) that the last thing they'll be thinking during the Great Tribulation will be to deliver all that mail.

8) I bet that you've thought of lots of things that hinder the swerve of mating rhinos. But did you ever consider that your town fair's ferris wheel might be a major culprit... No? Well, these folks have and you should thank them for helping out.

9) Whatever you do, don't press the Big Red Dot. (Thanks to the people at Kahsoon!)

10) Well, here's how you might've ended up here by mistake... I'm sure you weren't looking for this, after all.
  • Ms. Dewey's Hidden Easter Eggs are actually catalogued elsewhere... But thanks for stopping in.
  • I've had two people stop in looking for Ravi Zacharias view of Catholocism. I find this very interesting.
  • Sometimes, I control the circumstances... Other times, I don't.
  • And, in what is one of the strangest blendings I've seen: Overcoming Dead Deer Temptation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • "swat you like a fly". How pedestrian.

    We should have a contest to see how fierce my wife is. Best entry gets a free shirt from the pawn shop.

    By Blogger FX Turk, at 1:11 PM, December 14, 2006  

  • "swat you like a fly". How pedestrian.

    Sheesh... Everybody's a critic.

    How could I ever top 'take you out like cheap chinese', Frank? I'm just a boy in a man's world.

    By Blogger HeavyDluxe, at 1:15 PM, December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home