Dluxe's World

Wednesday, November 29

More Mindless WWWednesday

1) Ever have one of those days where you just really needed to blow off some stress? I usually have one of those starting right after a 10am meeting that goes nowhere. Anyway, next time you need a stress reliever, just try some Mindless Violence. Nothing makes your day perk up like shooting some little, green bubble aliens!

2) As a kid, I loved Popular Science magazine! Yes I know... I'm a geek. But there were always cool things inside the glossy pages. Well, now you can view PopSci's Best of 2006 list via the web. While there are a ton of cool things on there, I most smitten with the Bugatti Veyron (for several, obvious reasons).

3) The Nativity Story movie will hitting theaters this week. Like most folks, I'm a little skeptical of how Hollywood would handle anything that I hold dear... Still, the early reviews on this movie seem to be pretty positive. Al Mohler, who I imagine would not be easy to please, played movie critic and gave the film a pretty positive review. Perhaps a trip to the movies should be on the horizon, eh?

3) Chess players are facing the reality of stricter, anti-doping policies from FIDE. Yes, chess players. To quote the article, "I would not know which drug could possibly help a chess player to improve his game." But you can never be too careful I suppose...

4) A word of advice: If you own a buffalo ranch, there may come a time when you have a rare, white buffalo born into your care. These animals are considered sacred by several Native American tribes. Nonetheless, resist the urge to include the word miracle in the animal's name... Trust me, it's a little embarrassing to have to tell the world that li'l MiracleII was struck by lightning and killed.

6) Ok... This video is definitely one of the craziest things I've seen on net. I wonder how long it took this guy to piece everything together... The result is teh intarweb gold.

On the other hand, this video also deserves mention in the 'teh craziest' category. Nothing says funny like nuclear, meteoric Indian men shaking their groove things.
7) Make strange comments in your blog, get strange search engine hits. Check these out:
  • I was finally the top hit on Google for WWWednesday. Then Google mysteriously downgraded me to #2. Sadness.
  • I still am, and will forever be (I imagine) the top hit for click on TMXElmo online and watch him giggle and dance. You just know that search was entered by some panicking mother whose 2-year-old was screaming for more Elmo. And Elmo's power continues to grow... Sinister.
  • Dear Dead Deer sounds like the opening to a really depressing letter.
  • Thanksgiving housewives rejoice here at Dluxe's World. That's right.
  • If you want to know if Islam is mean, you'll get here somewhere down the over 2 million results. I'm still scratching my head over this one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home