Dluxe's World

Saturday, April 19

This blog will be dead in two weeks.

I have been blogging here since November of 2005 - nearly two and a half years. And it's time for it to stop.

This blog will be dead in two weeks. It's been a fun ride, but all things come to an end.

For me, there are some compelling reasons to stop trying to keep up with updating a site that was really only intended to be seen by me and a couple friends. God has, through this weird medium of 'the net', been kind and allowed me to chat/connect with many more people that I would've imagined... And I'm exceedingly grateful for the way those conversations have led to 'friendships', challenges to think more clearly, a laugh or two, and a continued deepening in my affection for - and knowledge of - Jesus Christ.

But it is clear that this is the time to cut the blog-line.

For the next couple weeks, I'll be posting reflections on my previous blogging. Mainly, there will be links to old posts that I thought said something meaningful or particularly humorous. I intend to repost summaries of a couple 'series' that I did on here in order to pull the content forward and aggregate the posts for some future surfer who stumbles here. I may post on some of my reasons for quitting, or I might not.

Regardless, start the countdown. This blog will be dead in two weeks.