Dluxe's World

Monday, March 19

... we now rejoin our regular programming.

Well, I've been saying that I'd like to get back to posting some meaningful content on here. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy posting the WWWednesday stuff, too... Still, not exactly high-brow stuff. As Travis noted previously, there's only room in the world for a handful of superhuman, Al Mohler-esque people. Believe me, I'm not trying to be him... Just want to be more than I've been for the last couple months.

I tend to function best with a routine, so I'm hoping to establish one that's more productive. The goal from here on will be to devote 20-30 minutes to blogging 'real' content on Monday, Thursday, and the occasional weekend (in addition to the regular WWWednesday schtick and Whitefield morsels). My hope is to use the two days for two different kinds of posts:
  • I hope to use Mondays for some reflection on some 'current issue' that is bouncing around in my head. Since I spend most of my time in front of the computer or reading books, you'll probably see me tracking with the rest of the God-blogosphere or whatever I read in Grudem the previous couple days.
  • Thursdays will focus directly on Scripture. God's Word is, to put it plainly, awesome. Every day, I find some verse that really shakes me up. Lord willing, I'll be able to present some of those to you so you can share the wonder and challenge my exegesis*.
Now, I'm not a gifted thinker or writer... So constraining the time I spend blogging means that none of this content is going to be earth shattering. Feel free to tune out. However, it's my prayer that something said here will, by God's amazing grace, edify you personally or begin a conversation that challenges all of us to think a little deeper.

So, we'll pick up tomorrow with the first 'Monday' post - A brief musing on cultural relevance.

*I'm writing a little ditty about questionable exegesis... Listen for it on your local radio station right after the "Joel Osteen Best Advice Today" segment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home