Dluxe's World

Thursday, March 23

The tangled web...

For a while, I've been meaning to update the list of links over along the sidebar of my blog. I've come across so many interesting and provacative websites in the last couple months that I'd love to share them with you.

However, I'm not one of those people* who thinks that a huge, rambling list of links down one side of a page is particularly effective. While that approach works, it just doesn't appeal to me.

So, I'm going to do something a little different. I'm going to use the previous post as an 'archive' for cool links. I'll update it regularly with sites I think kick booty along with an explanation of why they are so cool... Starting soon, you'll be able to check in there and find a list of cool sites like these (just to give you a taste):

Together for the Gospel - What happens when you mix a Southern Baptist, an Indie Baptist, a Presbyterian, and a Reformed Charismatic together? It's either the start of a bad joke or it's Together For the Gospel. Check out the ongoing conversation for humor and fun insights. Of particular interest to some might be what role the Holy Spirit should play in choosing our Final Four picks (kiddingly, of course).

The Resurgence - I like Mark Driscoll... I think he's got the right balance between missional church work and solid theology. I like his sarcastic wit, too, though YMMV. Anyway, check out his blog for some stimulating and, at times, maddening insights into life at Mars Hill Church.

... and his ministers a flame of fire - Thought provoking, Christ-centered posts combined with comic book graphics. Unique, for sure. And that's all you can say.

*
I'm a big fan of Steve's blog. It's one of my daily reads (and occasionally more-than-daily) and has been for months. He was destined for the 'good sites' page, but I was looking for a site with a ton of links to illustrate my point (and wasn't teeny-boppery or profanity laced). I had to link somewhere, and having him open in another tab of my browser made him an 'easy target'.

So, apologies Mr. Reformissionary... Hopefully, you won't block me from checking into your site!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home