Dluxe's World

Tuesday, February 14

New Discoveries (was "To be a fly on the wall")

Today, I stumbled across the blog of Mark Driscoll... Initially, I had it in my head that he was one of the big Emergent Church dudes. Having now read more of his writings, it seems like he's going to be among my new heroes. Driscoll seems to be bridging the worlds of Reformed theology and culturally relevant, missional churches. Cool stuff.

Browsing his blog, I happened to notice this post about to roll off the main page. What caught my eye was the pic of Ravi Zacharias he attached to the article.

Being a big Ravi fan (not a big Emergent fan), I read the article. I would've loved to have heard this little tidbit.
As we talked I asked him what issues were of the greatest concern to him and what he was preparing to focus on in the coming year. Much to my surprise, he said that the Emerging church was a great concern to him because it held a low view of truth and was gaining momentum as a gathering point for all kinds of aberrant Christian doctrinal agendas.

As Driscoll goes on to note, it's interesting that someone with such a globally-focused ministry would highlight the ECs as a point of concern.

On a loosely related note (at best), I mentioned that I've been re-reading the Psalms. Today I read Psalm 102 which is just cool, cool stuff... I'd encourage you to read it, too! So, do it!
But you, O Lord, are enthroned forever;
you are remembered throughout all generations.
You will arise and have pity on Zion;
it is the time to favor her;
the appointed time has come.
For your servants hold her stones dear
and have pity on her dust.
Nations will fear the name of the Lord,
and all the kings of the earth will fear your glory.
For the Lord builds up Zion;
he appears in his glory;
he regards the prayer of the destitute
and does not despise their prayer. (vv12-17, ESV)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home