Dluxe's World

Sunday, February 12

{Mouth open in shock}

I have seen a lot of strange things, but this one shocked me.

Checking my daily blogs, I came across a link to a particular church that had the following scripture quote in their banner... I'm attaching a clipped image, both to protect the guilty and to prove that I'm not making this up!

Now this looks good, right? Nice sounding passage... And, it's actually quoted correctly from the KJV. What's the big deal?

Remember my point on Thursday about context when reading the Bible? This quote from Luke is serves as a superlative, albeit distrubing, proof to my comment. Let's take a look at the surrounding story-line, shall we?
And the devil took [Jesus] up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, and said to him, "To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours." And Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.'" Luke 4:5-8, ESV

Who botched the proofreading job and let that get through? Worse yet, someone determined the image had been in place since April, 2005. How is it that it took over 9 months and the surfing of a random blogger to catch it? I guess no one there had a Bible handy (including the Pastor).

Fascinating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home