Dluxe's World

Wednesday, June 14

In the words of Axl Rose... (?)

Where do we go now?
ah ah ai ai ai ai
Where do we go now?
Where do we go?
woah oh oh oh

-Guns N Roses, "Sweet Child o' Mine"

Now, that's some serious songwriting! Whenever you think of American lyricists, the same names always come to the forefront: Gershwin, Kern, Sondheim, and Axl Rose.

I came across an advice column telling me readers will start leaving if I don't entice you with exciting teasers of future posts. Of course, this person also posted about what So-and-so said about What's-her-face in math class... Perhaps their advice should be taken with a grain of salt. Well, where is this blog going?

I do have some posts coming that I hope will be interesting. I've been slacking on the reading plan for a couple reasons (moving, working up a curriculum for the fall, and a sudden addiction to Babylon 5 thanks to the J-Man) but reading hasn't ceased. To prove it, I'll be posting a review of John Miller's Outgrowing the Ingrown Church. Shortly thereafter, I'll be ready to sum up a fascinating book called The Joshua Generation by Michael Farris.

Sandwiched around those posts will be some Bible Study... Due to recent discussion both on this blog and 'abroad', I want to take a look at two common 'attack passages' in the Old Testament that seem to come up on every atheistic website. I also want to post a little bit on church discipline - both its validity and proper exercise. So, get ready for some transliterated Greek and Hebrew everyone! It's going to be a hot time on the old blog toni... Er, in a few days!

1 Comments:

  • Hi. I came across your blog from my brother's blog, The Mysterious World (http://www.musterion.net/) and thought I'd check it out. I really enjoyed this post and was on the edge of my seat wondering what you were going to say next (referring to, "Well, where is this blog going?"). ;-j I look forward to continue reading your blog and I'll be sure to check out your wife's blog too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM, July 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home