Dluxe's World

Monday, July 24

Muddling and Miscellany

Here is the short route to insanity and productivity gridlock:
I've come within minutes of finishing my post on Deuteronomy 22:13-30 about four times over the course of the weekend. Each time, I've written a large swath of the post, started to proof it, and then decide something or other didn't flow right. The content is fine and isn't really getting changed, but I'm trying to work out the best way to present the objections, my position, and rationale while adding (developing?) some trademark Dluxe swerve... So, while this has delayed the first post, I think all these struggles will make the rest of the series flow quickly!

Though there's no real fire and brimstone coming today, you need not fear! I pass onto you, dear reader(s), a couple interesting things for your linkity goodness.

Frist: This is the first Bible that I've ever truly coveted. I think that's just wrong. We wants it, my precious!

Second: If you haven't heard it yet, check out the story of Abraham Cherrix. The Rebelution has continuing coverage of the story, and Al Mohler wrote a great little article today. As Dr. Mohler notes, this gives me the chilly-willies.

Third: Check out LetUsRun, a new blog by a friend... Of course, being linked here seems to be the kiss-of-death for most blogs. The last two that got 'Welcome to the Blogosphere' props from me have ended up rusting out on the roadside.

Lastly: Long-time readers know that I regularly lament the lack of people (under the age of 80) who know how to play bridge. Best efforts of the ACBL notwithstanding, something needs to happen to inject some mojo into the game. I think that might finally happen with the introcution of aBRIDGEd... The publisher, Out of the Box Games, marketed the mega-hit Apples to Apples. With any luck, aBRIDGEd will take off and get people playing cards again.

3 Comments:

  • Maybe I should have you ghost-write mine so I'll have somethiung to say.

    I think I'm doing that already... I haven't had an original thought in my life. You have plenty of things to say! You just choose not to blog them into the public record.

    ;-)

    Thanks alot for stirring up coveteousness!!

    It's a gift, I don't talk about it much.

    By Blogger HeavyDluxe, at 1:58 PM, July 24, 2006  

  • Hehheh! Thanks (I think ;-) for the link!

    Is there some reason I'm picturing ominous violin music right now?

    By Blogger LetUsRun, at 4:49 PM, July 24, 2006  

  • I love your miscellanea posts! Thanks for the pointer to Alan's blog, too!

    By Blogger PatL, at 11:14 PM, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home