Dluxe's World

Wednesday, November 1

Flush the bombers, it's WWWednesday!!

1) Yesterday was Reformation Day. While the rest of the Godblogdom commemorated the start of the Protestant Reformation, I was busy posting about hot summer fashions! Shows you where my mind is... Take some time to read some of the great posts that were made yesterday and thank God for the restoration of the Gospel!

2) Sometimes it's easier to remember things if they're set to music. So in an effort to make the historical facts of Reformation Day stick, I wanted to point you to the Reformation Rap and Reformation Polka!

2) On this day in 1952, US military scientists detonated the first thermonuclear bomb. This would, 31 years later, lead to my first real "movie crush" when Ally Sheedy played the incredibly cute Jennifer in Wargames. Oh, how my 8 year-old jealousy burned towards Matthew Broderick! This flick also produced my all time favorite movie quote, from the surprisingly-witty-in-crisis General Beringer...

"Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks."

3) Call me crazy, but I think it takes a lot of guts to ask someone to give you something (for free) and then turn around and sell it for a $120,000 profit. It appears, however, that the town of Chesapeake, MD doesn't share my inhibitions.

4) Next time you think about mugging that 70 year-old who's walking past you on the street, you better think again. Some of our senior citizens have killed people with their bare hands. I do think it's interesting, however, that the suspects haven't been found....

5) I knew that my informed readers would like to know that Kobayashi is continuing his unparalleled dominance of competitive eating world. One has to wonder when the US will produce a gastrothlete who will be able to stop this depressing skid in a sport we used to own! I hope this sounds as a clarion call to all those youth to put down their lacrosse sticks and soccer balls and take up their hot dogs, rice, and matzah balls for America!

I'm kidding, of course.

5) John Hagee is just strange, as this article shows. Someone be sure to remind me that I need a throne if I ever pastor a church. Oh, and I can't forget the over-realized dispensational eschatology.

I only typed that out because "over-realized dispensational eschatology" just sound so cool!!

6) In the interest in posting something serious, Al Mohler kindly provided a nice article (which cites a nice article) regarding the problems facing Methodism today. Here's hoping that more Methodists hear the call back to the Bible.

7) If you Googled any of the following, you might've ended up here:
  • I bet John Macarthur would be just thrilled to know that he and the points of calvin are discussed here.
  • I know all about that Wiesel Stomping Day song by Weird Al. Sadly, I don't know much about his "Weasel Stomping Day" song.
  • You wouldn't believe the number of people who google Mark Driscoll in a given day.
  • My kids would love that someone came here looking for Curious George['s] Mallet.
  • I also have a recipe for slum pies, in case you need one.
Take care!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I'd like to see someone try to mug our neighborhood soon-to-be-80 Mr. Knox. You'd be looking for those suspects for a LONG time. Till, in his words, "an especially low tide".

    By Blogger Someone, at 3:12 PM, November 02, 2006  

  • I only typed that out because "over-realized dispensational eschatology" just sound so cool!!

    That, and because of the interesting Google hits that it's bound to generate. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 AM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home