Dluxe's World

Friday, January 6

Sing it with me... "Getting to know you"

Alright... Well, PatL asked nicely that I fill this out. I guess the right thing is to do so... It's worth noting that I'll probably be a lot more verbose than she was. What can I say? That's my steelo.

Four Jobs You've Had in Your Life: From recent to past - Project Gopher, Geek, Music Salesguy, and Musician.

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over: *ponders* This is hard. The LOTR movies would rank up there. I'm not sure to count that as one or three. Just to stretch things out, let's call that one. The original Matrix has to be included. Two other faves would probably be Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society. Though I certainly couldn't watch any of them 'Over and Over'.

Four Places You've Lived: Again, from recent to past - Windsor and White River Junction, VT; Scenic and bustling Royersford, PA; and Newark, Delaware (the home of the Hens and the center of my world during the fall).

Four Websites You Visit Daily: Like Pat, I'm on gmail constantly. I'll avoid listing the sites from work since they are probably not what you're looking for ("Gee! Who know MSProject was so fascinating?")... I check most of the links that I have on this page, honestly. Go to them (see right sidebar) and know my mind.

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch: Ummm... Could care less? If I had to pick, I'd list TVU's Ten Most Wanted and Good Eats. I personally think Good Eats is the best show on television.

Four of Your Favorite Foods: Easy. Ribeye Steak cooked on the rare side of medium-rare with fresh cracked salt and pepper. Second place goes to any other realtively tender cut of the cow.

At this point, it's important to note that red meat has to be served with some type of potato. To separate them has caused bloodshed in some cultures. I'll take mine any way but mashed, thanks.

Third would be bread - hot from the oven, with butter (and perhaps a little honey, too). Fourth would be grilled sausages on a sub roll, with mustard, peppers, and onions.

Yes, I know this is the picture of health... Any mother looking at this is aghast at the lack of green veggies. If it makes you feel any better, I'll use parsley to garnish the plate that my steak 'rests' on. To me, anything I excluded from this list (that isn't somehow considered barbecue) is not worthy of being called food.

Four Albums You Can't Live Without (at least for the moment): Yipes. That's hard. To provide a framework to process this in, I'm going to treat this as a "desert island"-type question. So, I would have to say:
John Coltrane "Giant Steps"
Ken Dixon "Phanta Morgana"
Berstein conducting Mahler 5 & 9
Any assortment of Bach Cantatas

There are some who will think that mentioning Ken's album is a total shill since I was on it... But I seriously think it's one of the best albums I've ever heard - musically. So, if you're reading this go check it out.

Four Places You'd Rather Be: Sitting in section C or D (row B), as the Hens are crushing anyone - and, after this season, I literally mean anyone; Hanging out Eva and 4 friends (that seems to be a good number)... Between those, I'm happy.

Four People Who Are Now Obligated To Do This to Their Blog: Not a chance that I name someone. If anyone else who reads this is up for it, then I take that as a sign of 'higher purpose'.

1 Comments:

  • We had a couple of things the same....that's cool, since we have to live with each other and stuff. Particularly I would like you to note "Brian's grilled steak" as one of my 4 favorite foods. ANd I'm glad we can agree on at least one movie we could be willing to watch over and over. And we have done so together, now that I think of it.

    By Blogger Someone, at 6:52 PM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home