Dluxe's World

Wednesday, August 23

Tuesday, WWWednesday, Happy Days!

This week's WWWednesday is 'Chachi approved'. Don't ask me why I'm on a Happy Days kick... It's a mystery to me as well. I'll try to shake it off!

Let me start off with a little note about some future posts... I'm going to take the Under Attack series of posts and depart from them slighty to put a verse or two 'Under Scrutiny'... There are verses in the Bible that we Christians like to use to proof-text various viewpoints. Among the most popular is the notion that God will never give people more hardship/struggle than they can bear (citing 1 Corinthians 10:13).

Is that really what that verse is telling us? Tune in later to find out. Also expect me to throw my very tattered and weak hat in the Cessation vs. Continuation debate (Thanks, Deef!) in the near future.

In the meantime, it is WWWednesday... And I've gotten more compliments on my 'random links' posts than I have on anything else. Far be it from me to disappoint me scores of readers. In my case, the score is something like 3-2.

1) I read this article while browsing the NY Times the other day. It was linked on the Op-Ed page, which I read constantly. Anyway, after I managed to reboot my brain I seriously considered posting something in response. Luckily for all of you, Al Mohler beat me to it.

2) Justin Taylor pointed out that the cover article in the new issue of Christianity Today is dealing with the resurgence of Calvinsim. Being somewhat Reformed in my leanings, I'm interested to read the article when it hits teh intarweb edition. I wonder when the Reformissialvinistist article will be coming?

3) Speaking of Christianity Today, they posted a sweet mini-review of Ravi Zacharias's new book Walking from East to West. I've been hooked on Ravi since Eva and I burned several shows to CD and listened to them on the drive back from Delaware. His recent, autobographical messages have been especially touching. Can't wait to read the book!

4) I've linked to a handful of videos on YouTube, which recently experienced an outage. Turns out it was my brother's employer who hosts them. This little account should remind us all to dig carefully...

5) Having discovered my Technorati ranking, I will begin to become a completely unbearable link-troll.

6) Though Technorati tells me I'm an F-list blogger, I can at least take comfort in the increasingly surreal hits that I get from search engines.
  • I should've thought about this before I posted the Under Attack stuff... For quite a while, I was the top blogger for information on both crime or punishment limb cutting and how to sodomize master. Trust me, you don't want to visit 2nd place.
  • On a lighter note, I've got the web candy dluxe goin' on up in here.
  • I can direct you to a good swimming hole, too. While you're there you might want to enjoy a Pepsi under God.
UPDATED!! Check out this post from surprisingly hilarious Tim Challies! This is a follow-up to the preaching trades 'announced' in a previous post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home