Dluxe's World

Monday, May 5

An Epilouge (Epi-blog?)

Blogging is a funny thing... With just the click of a mouse, any person with access the internet can set up their own virtual soapbox. It's fitting that one major thought-blog is called 'Instapundit'.

I started blogging because I think better out loud. Since some people found it distracting (or frightening) when I'd argue with myself, I thought perhaps typing would be better. I also wanted a couple geniuses I know to read and challenge me to think better. The funny thing is that a lot of people who I didn't know decided to peek in from time to time. Some of you even stuck around, and I'm humbled that you did.

So, why am I closing up shop now? It's pretty simple really...
  1. First, I simply don't have the kind of time to devote to posting that used to be available to me.
  2. Second, this verse still gives me the shakes: "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness." (James 3:1)
In the early days of this blog, I wrote garbage but no one read it except the people I had asked to come and correct me. There are now others of you here, and many from the church in which I continue to serve. For me, the line between 'teaching' and 'just thinking' has just been blurred too much - especially when I lack the time to devote towards 'teaching well' here on a blog. God has graciously given me a broadening ministry at our church, and I feel whatever time I have is better spent investing in serving that flock (Acts 20:28-32).

So, if you've been here reading along... Thanks. I'm humbled that you've stayed tuned, especially considering the dreck that filled the last several months. If you've been a regular reader, leave a comment on this thread. I'd love the chance to say thanks personally.

I have only one parting thought to leave you with before closing up shop. But, we'll save that for tomorrow.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home